Monday, January 10, 2011

Starry Eyed Surprise - Weekly Challenge #4


The Diva has a beautiful star tattoo, that she and her husband got to commemorate their 5th wedding anniversary, thus the inspiration for this weeks challenge, “Starry eyed surprise”. Laura gave two wonderful examples on her blog

http://iamthedivaczt.blogspot.com/2011/01/weekly-challenge-4-this-is-long-post.html

My interpretation led me to draw a typical star string and use paradox in each of the star sections… it needed more. I added strips of “coaster” and “meer” to the background. See small picture…. It needed more.

I got out my Bic fine tipped markers and added a little color and finally was satisfied with my tile.

Think I’ll go make another.

23 comments:

  1. love it!! stars lend themselves to paradox so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like both versions!the pattern combination is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both versions, too. And I like that the star is positioned on a point. Looks happy and dance-y!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, Joni. Yes, do another! Double the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tile, Joni! Great combination of patterns and I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooo, I like it! Diggin' the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this star - paradox is a pattern I'm still trying to master

    ReplyDelete
  8. Color can give such a different feeling. Love em both though! :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Joni, I really like the way you have used meer and coaster together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Beautiful tangle. I love the use of Paradox on the star, I especially love the middle. I thought it looked great in b&w but the colour pushes it over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! I love how you approached this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great, stars and paradox are a great match!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job, Paradox is a great choice for the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful piece...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the paradox. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks so different with the color added, but both versions are great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely use of colors. They make the star pop off of the paper and give it its proper brightness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice tangles! I like the splash of color!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Like it a lot - feels like it's gently swaying back and forth.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's wonderful with colors added!!

    ReplyDelete