Saturday, June 11, 2011

Challenge 25 - zendala

This week's challenge is to use a mandala template created by Genevieve Crabe.  Since I love making mandalas this was a natural challenge for me.  The only thing that got in the way was a visit from by beautiful granddaughters and Vacation Bible school, but finally last night and this morning I was able to work on it.
I scanned it in Black and White before adding some color.  It's been a lot of fun seeing the vast variations that everyone has created on this challenge - really awesome work by all.
Thanks Laura and Genevieve!
 

12 comments:

  1. Both your black and white and color versions are terrific! I love the rhythm of your Zendala. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Joni! Love both versions. It is amazing how color can make it look so differnt, and so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I love them both, but like Sue C said - so different. The first one seems airy and delicate while the second one reminds me of a Pennsylvania Dutch symbol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Both in black and white and in color

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both versions... the classy black & white, and the whimsical colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I prefer the B&W, although the color is really interesting.
    --Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved it in black and white but it is truly awesome with the color added.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The color gives it a very different feel. It reminds me of an old German dish or design. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both so lovely! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. J'aime vos deux zendalas. Beaucoup de profondeur avec la couleur.
    "I love your two zendalas. a lot of depth with color."

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the way you did the next-to-outside border (if that makes any sense). Very pretty.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors and the tangle around the edge!!

    ReplyDelete