Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Challenge 42 "Hope"

 
Hope is like a flower, it blooms in the light of the Son.  


For me, my hope comes from my faith in God, so on this challenge I wanted to represent that hope in some way. This Joyful peony seemed to say what words can not. 


I have been fascinated with Japanese Crests and have started a ZIA series based on them.  Most crests have a graceful elegant mood to them that is so much a part of the Japanese culture.   This particular one is of a Peony and symbolizes joyous life and prosperity. 


After scanning my black and white zia, I played with it a little on my photo software and added a blush of color to it.

12 comments:

  1. This is a lovely interpretation of Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this one, Joni! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those circular Japanese crests are wonderful aren't they? This reminds me a bit of the fabulous iris you did a while back.
    --Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Joni! Like what you did with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful :) I really like how you incorporated colour - subtle, yet it adds so much depth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! I just have to go and study Japanese crests now. Thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I to enjoy the Japanese Crests - lovely work on this one. Hope you'll post some of the ZIAs as well - would love to see them.

    ReplyDelete